Wednesday, November 28, 2007

You Say Headache, I Say Migraine

Today she wrote nothing...

I don't know if I could even recognize a regular headache anymore. For ten years now I've battled migraines. They used to come with nausea. Bad nausea. Now the stomach ickies are better, most times, but the pain grips at my hairline, rendering me useless. Most of today was spent in bed, willing some relief to come over me. Hours later I feel much better, but that "after" sort of daze is hangin' round. To look in the mirror is a scary thing; I've large dark circles under my eyes and an unsettling pallor is apparent. Ugh.

Hubby was most understanding today. He kept the girls in a separate part of the house and took care of getting our oldest to and from preschool. Bless him. Now, she's gone for an overnight at my parents' and the house is reasonably quiet. I'm soaking it in. Trying to muster up the gumption to work on chapter two... I've completely reworked chapter 1, as it didn't have the right amount of conflict to hook the reader. And now that it's better, I have to revise chapter 2... flow is everything, you know. Then again, sitting in a dark and quiet place sounds quite nice...

Wish me luck... on my writing and my migraines.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry Janna. I hope you feel better. Stay away from computer til it's gone.
hugs

Anonymous said...

Jann, feel better, sweetie. And good luck with your writing!
hugs

Teige Benson said...

Yikes -yes, migraines and computers do not mix. Stop until you are better.

Then, get back to it - here's hoping for finding the right flow.

Heather R. said...

Maybe it has something to do with the wheather. I felt one creeping on late last night, so I got up and too some meds then. I can still feel it a little trying to work its evilness. Get LOTS of rest and drink a Dr. Pepper and have a brownie. Brownies help everything.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Wow! I wrote about my migraine too. Mine also started yesterday but as I was FLYING all day I had no relief.

I hope you feel better soon. I discovered a stretchy hair band doubles as an eye mask if you don't already have one. :)

Janna Leadbetter said...

Yes. A brownie might help. *greedy laugh* Thanks, Heather. ;)

Melanie, so sorry you had no reprieve during your flight. Glad you made it home safely, though... I use a hair band (not to be confused with Poison or GNR...), too! It holds the wash-cloth wrapped gelpac to my head - quite an attractive sight! :D