Yesterday I sat down at my computer, nerves tickling my spine. And I began a thorough agent search. (See the Agent Query link over yonder, to the right.) I listed a starting line-up of promising candidates and, knowing it meant I HAD to write my query and synopsis, I did. It took somewhere between 6 to 8 hours to write them back-to-back. I'm really pleased with the way they turned out; my stressed toiling was worth it, I think. But knowing other eyes should see them, and feeling jittery but assured, crazy and confident, I've asked some writing buddies to take a gander. In the meantime, I need a break.
[ETA: And today I got the knocking down I needed. Don't ever get lost in confidence or tell yourself you don't need constructive criticism. That's what it takes to keep yourself humble, and ensure you never give up on continually honing your own craft. More later...]
Enter the meme Colby Marshall, who spits like a llama, tagged me with. (Hers is a blog worth checking out, btw.) I'm to list 7 songs I'm into, or that are somehow shaping my life right now, for whatever reasons.
1) As of this morning, Lifehouse's Everything. The song itself is good, but I like it most because I've been introduced to a skit, performed as the song plays, and it's the most touching thing I've seen in a long while. If you're interested, click here for the YouTube clip.
2) Leona Lewis's Bleeding Love, because it rocks. She has a stellar voice.
3) Jordin Sparks, One Step At A Time. The lyrics really mean a lot, because they speak to me of my writing career right about now.
4) Weird Al's White and Nerdy. My hubby acquired a DVD of hip-hop videos with a player he bought, and my daughters like to watch Al over and over and over again. Keep your eyes peeled for Donny Osmond. Hilarious! Plus, I AM white and nerdy. It's like a theme song of sorts.
5) Anything from Camp Rock. It's the latest movie premiered on Disney Channel, and my girls are ga-ga over it. And the Jonas Brothers.
6) Nelly Furtado, Say It Right. I love the beat and each time I see the video, which aired this morning, I crush on Timbaland. He's one successful fellow, with his hand in a lot of pots, ya know? And I love cranking the volume with this one, reliving my crusin' days. Quite the sight in my minivan, I can assure you...
7) Let Jesus Be My Lord. Here's why.
I've seen this meme floatin' around here in Bloggerland. Most have already been tagged, but I'll throw Melanie and Wendy into the mix, if they're interested.
Have fun - and wish me luck (say a prayer, too) about my agent search!