Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Keep It Real Tuesday

The Latest

Last week we filed for the divorce.

I was going to write a little poem to tell you, nothing cutesy or too full of syntax, but a spruced up announcement, at the least. I've discovered the sprucing up isn't possible, though, when I so wanted it to be.

Because it is what it is. So many have been saying that phrase to me of late. It is what it is. What does that mean?

It means it's real. My divorce. And his divorce. No turning back.

I know a lot of people don't understand the decision, which was mine. There are so many to whom it came as surprise. Family, I know you're out there, still wondering. But I can't help that. It's true, no one knows the truth of a relationship but for the two in it. It may not be for you to understand. It is not my place here and now to enlighten you. And besides, I can't lose myself to trying to make people understand. I'm sorry.

And I'm going to say it again.

It is what it is.

It is what will be.

10 comments:

June Kramin said...

((Hugs)) Janna! You are right. It is your decision. No one else needs to know the details. Love ya!

Jessica Nelson said...

*hugs*

kah said...

*hugs*

*offers you wine, or coffee, or chocolate, or all three.*

colbymarshall said...

*hugs* I went through this this year, too, Janna (back in February). It was also my decision, and it was the hardest thing for anyone to understand. But as long as it's best for you, that's what matters. Thinking about you-- I know it's tough even when you're the one who wants that decision, technically. HUG.

Robyn Hilbers said...

Hello Janna, Human nature wants order. . . it's a natural necessity for our brains. Which causes humans to always want to know "why?" Divorce is never easy, it's a crummy word for an even crummier situation. Just know that we support you and your family. If I lived closer, I would take you out for a cup of Java and give you a hug. Please know that I am thinking of you! Much love, Robyn

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I'm sorry.I know how it feels. It's a life changer.

Linda Myers said...

Been there. And it is a life changer. But often for the better.

Beth said...

Some things are just not easy to explain and perhaps shouldn't be. Not everyone is going to understand. And that's okay.

Heather said...

((HUGS)) No one needs to understand this. This decision is for you. I know you make the decisions that are the best for you and the girls. Love and hugs.

Deb Shucka said...

I'm sorry for your loss and the pain you're feeling right now, but feel completely confident in your ability to shine through the hurt. "It is what it is" fits my life right now, too, and the truth of it offers great comfort.

Adding my hugs to all the others offered here.