Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Keep It Real Tuesday

You Are Here
`
photo from 123rf.com
Here is a moment. Right now. Today.
`
Do you recognize all it has to offer?
`
Sometimes I blow right by them, the moments. Sometimes I get so caught up in what will happen tomorrow, or next week, or in what I want by next month, or year, that I forget to focus on today. I lose my right now. I overlook the little things, the simple joy of being in an instant.
`
I don't want it to be that way. I want to focus on my right now. I want to experience my here.
`
I'm learning.
`
I'm going to mind the moments.
`
Are you?

6 comments:

Joy said...

The moments!Yes, I learned to value each moment since my movements got restricted with osteoporosis. Initially I'd get into depression which would make things worse.

Much reflection and spiritual guidance showed me how to relish each moment: each a gift; an opportunity to use in creative, productive, constructive ways. Today, I've recovered enough to walk about and I treasure every little moment of my day. It has helped me to deal with living alone and happy!

Jeanette Levellie said...

OH, Janna, thank you! I breeze by, run by, jog by, but rarely sit and cherish this moment. You are so wise. Thank you. Oh, I said that.

Anonymous said...

I've found that it's very important to focus on "the moment." It's where life is lived!
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

DWei said...

I'd rather not focus on not having a job at the moment. :P

But I know what you mean.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I'm trying, too. You know what has helped me some? One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.

I'm always looking down the road...need to slow down, to still, to look around and take it in.

kathryn magendie said...

Did that this morning as I woke and first looked out at our smoky mountain view - grabbed some coffee and wandered about the little log house some, liking how the early morning light hit here and there --- instead of coming straight to this laptop!