Thursday, December 8, 2011

Writing on Thursday

THE MOTHER DAUGHTER SHOW by Natalie Wexler

CAST OF CHARACTERS: Three moms, three daughters, bound by the past, friendship and DNA; struggling with change, doubt and misunderstanding.

STORYLINE: The daughters are teenagers in their senior year of high school, and this means it's time for the annual show. It's the mothers' job to create and execute the musical revue, one that will both honor their girls, and please the ranks of their private prep school.

But when everyone should be working together, relishing this special stage in life, the plot thickens with secrets, rebellion, and the sound of little more than dischord.

Will the show go on? And at what expense?
`
REVIEW: Two thumbs up. THE MOTHER DAUGHTER REVIEW is a well-written, clear story about the dynamics of relationship, the reality of life, and the power of forgiveness.

CREDITS: Natalie Wexler is a journalist and essayist whose work has appeared in the Washington Post Magazine, the American Scholar, the Gettysburg Review, and other publications, and she is a reviewer for the Washington Independent Review of Books. She wrote the award-winning historical novel, A MORE OBEDIENT WIFE. THE MOTHER DAUGHTER REVIEW is her second book. She lives in Washington, D.C., with her husband.

THE MOTHER DAUGHTER SHOW was published by Fuze Publishing LLC, and I received my review copy from Goldberg McDuffie Communications.

3 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Good review Janna and it sounds like a creative story. I'll be excited to see what genre my daughter likes to read in a few years.

April Plummer said...

I love mother-daughter stuff. I love the books, and that sounds awesome too. I think I love it so much because now I've had the opportunity to be both. And I know how complicated and crazy the relationship can be...and also how beautiful. :)

Karen Lange said...

I appreciate the info on this book, Janna. I may need to check it out. :)

Happy weekend!