Monday, May 12, 2008

A Job Ends

I've spent the last few months - a pace upon which the client and I agreed - professionally critiquing a manuscript. (See my writing and editing business.) I finished my final review this evening.

I'm pleased the work is done, for now I can (until the next job comes, that is) focus on my own manuscript edits. But I'm also sad to see it end, because assisting another writer with their work proved envigorating for me. I loved throwing myself into their manuscript, playing a professional role in figuring out how to make the story better and, maybe most importantly, building a rapport and gaining a friend.

I hope to do it again soon.

5 comments:

WendyCinNYC said...

I enjoy critiquing other people's work, moreso than my own. I feel like I can cut passages that don't quite work with wild abandon for someone else, but for myself, I'm always trying to save the paragraphs somehow. It's painful to hit delete.

Now, get to work, Janna. I'm waiting to see your book in print.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Yes, ma'am.

Anonymous said...

"and, maybe most importantly, building a rapport and gaining a friend." That you did amigo...and I heard he was going to be in the sept. issue of Ol Skool Rodz magazine. Pics and all :)

Janna Leadbetter said...

Get out, you "anonymous" fella, you! ;) Is that a mag I could pick up at Barnes and Noble?

Anonymous said...

you should be able to (#29)...look in the 'dirty biker hawt rod' section :)