Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Milestone, Time to Shine

I feel rusty with this blog thing. And it's only been two weeks.

Funny how easily it becomes a way of life, this medium, this expression, and the second you step away is like the second you lose part of yourself.

Well, I'm back, and the timing is perfect. Today is my kids' first day of school. This day has been building--though hazy, and bittersweet--in my mind and dreams for seven years, since my first daughter was born. It comes to fruition now that my baby begins kindergarten. It means they'll be away, all day, both of them. Entrusted to others, my duties suspended several hours at a time.

It means more bits of time will once again be my own, and I've a new routine to develop and follow. My daytime responsibilities will shift; I will devote myself to writing like I couldn't before. I will buckle down, get things done. Finish manuscripts, seek a willing agent, pursue publication.

It's time for growth, theirs and mine.

It's time to shine.

PS. I'm missing you all! Will start making my way around the blogging community, too.

22 comments:

Tabitha Bird said...

Shine on girl, shine on :)

Cassandra Frear said...

I keep reading about this from writers -- kids returning to school and time to write. We homeschooled so our experience was very different. My time was during the summers and Christmas vacation!

Diane said...

Yeah for routine.... predictable and productive! :O)

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Radiate like you've never radiated before! Heat it up.
~ Wendy

Terri Tiffany said...

I think this is perfect timing !Both kids in school--wow! They grow up fast and now you will have your time more to write too:)) Welcome back!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Welcome back! We were missing you too!

Enjoy figuring out how to manage your new time!

Unknown said...

Cheering you on!

Lori said...

Exciting. A new beginning and growth. May it be filled with wonders.

April Plummer said...

I've been gone too, but welcome back! Your kids are back in school all ready? That seems really early! Anyway...you sound just as lovely as your blog always sounds. I love your voice on here... :)

Turkey said...

Oh yay! You give me hope that the teachers wont have to peel me from the floor when it is my turn to say goodbye to my youngest. *sniff*

Enjoy your creative time!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Welcome back! Missed you!

Hope all goes well with the kids at school and you are able to write up a storm in peace and quiet for several hours every day!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I remember those days when the girls left for their first day of school. And I was left to myself. Felt a bit strange. Mine are 31 and 35 now!
Brenda

Melissa Amateis said...

It sounds lovely. I wish you much productive success!

patti said...

Saw you on FB and thought, "I miss her. I REALLY miss her!"

septembermom said...

You'll shine like the brightest star!!! Hope your kids have a good first day too!

Tahereh said...

awww welcome back! :D

Travis Erwin said...

My kids started back today as well.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Janna -

Yay for more time to write! Welcome back. We missed you. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Karen said...

Janna, welcome back. I remember those first days of kids going to school,....for about and hour..lol. No, seriously, it is difficult, but that's what you want them to do, grow up "good." :)

Tana said...

Isn't that funny? Stepping out for a while feels like eons! Welcome back!!!!!!!!

Deb Shucka said...

Welcome back! I'm so excited for you and the new possibilities of this year.

Nadine said...

Glad you're back!

I've let my blog fall by the wayside, but hopefully I'll get back into it.