Saturday, November 15, 2008

Momma Said I Get The Housewife Award!

Jen Singer is a writer whose book You're A Good Mom (and your kids aren't so bad either) is getting stellar reviews. But in addition to watching the rise of her narrative non-fiction delight, she manages the online playground MommaSaid.net, where mommies can gather, get a giggle and catch a break. Check it out via the link. It's a neat site!

MommaSaid also holds regular Housewife Awards ceremonies, consideration for which follows submission of a story about life as a mom and housewife. Jen and her crew look for "a funny story or situation that sums up the occasional craziness of at-home motherhood." (You can also nominate friends or family members.) At the end of each entry period one candidate is chosen, and a deserving (albeit harried) mom wins a fabulous certificate for display among her most prized possessions, as well as a shiny new book, title chosen courtesy MommaSaid.

Guess who just won? Betcha don't need a hint. Er. Especially because I told you in the post title...

Me! And I feel honored.

My submission was an anecdote about one particularly stressful Sunday. To read Jen's write-up of my Slapdash Sunday, visit MommaSaid. (You'll need to scroll down just a bit. When you see my face, you'll know you've found the right spot!)

While you're there, enter with your own story - remember you can nominate others - and see if you can snag the special honor.

And remember: If the housewife is happy, the whole family is happy!

18 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

CONGRATS! Whew--it wore me out reading what kind of morning you had!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your glowing review, Janna. I got tired just writing about your morning. You deserve an award!

And if anyone else wants to enter, drop by MommaSaid.net. Couldn't you use a pat on the back?
Jen Singer

Anonymous said...

Congrads Janna!

Joanne said...

I saw your pic there yesterday! Congrats. She has a great site going on over there. And I love your last line, my variation has always been "When Mom's happy, everyone's happy." ;) Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

WHOA! *me shouting again, I hope you are awake this time* I am super happy for you. This is much deserved! You go girl!

-Heather

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Yay Janna! Congratulations! I've heard good things about that book, too.

Barb Davis said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go! I'll have to check out the site. :) Thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

How great! Congrats!

Janet said...

Congratulations!

I still want a brownie...

WendyCinNYC said...

Congrats! That's such a cute story. And tomorrow is Sunday, so you get a chance to do it all over again!

colbymarshall said...

Congrats on award-ation! Cool!

Janna Leadbetter said...

Terri - Me, too! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Jen - Thanks for coming by and commenting!

Cel - Thanks. :)

Joanne - Did you see the book I won? Didn't you interview the author a month or so back? I thought it a neat coincidence.

Heather - Now don't you let yourself go hoarse on my account. ;)

Melanie - It looks like a good one!

Barbara - Thanks!

Turkey - I think you'll like it!

Fringegirl - Thank you!

Wendy - That particular Sunday was bad because I was moody, short on patience, and my husband was working - which is so rare for Sundays. But if you believe it, today for church it's just misterwrites and me! Both girls had sleepovers with family last night!

Colby - *snicker* Thanks!

Jen said...

Hey, Janna, congrats! That's awesome. :)

Joanne said...

Yes, Gayle was my first WOW Book Tour author! Small world ...

ChristaCarol Jones said...

Yay! Congrats, how cool!

Joshua said...

yeah!!! grats !!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm trying to catch up with all my blogs, so sorry for being late. Congrats Janna!!!