Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday's Stuff and Things

First, the stuff:

The house comes along! I'm wearing myself out but the walls are getting painted, and everything looks great. Though much still looms before me (power sanding, anyone?), the master bathroom is underway - we have a new shower stall! - and I had TWO rockin' hot showers yesterday! Our wood-burning fireplace is being framed in, and everything should come together for the main floor's carpet installation this Sunday. Please send good thoughts, so all of this gets done without too much distress or strain.

I've been fighting the uckies for days. They have no place, and I have no time, so they best be on their way. Since you're already sending good thoughts for the above, would you mind sending more for this? Thanks.

The weather has been incredible the last few days! Here it is November, and we've had sunny days in the low seventies. Can you believe it? If it weren't for the downed leaves, one would question if we're really smack-dab in fall.

And the things:

Avalon has had my manuscript for one month and three days. Really, that's barely even a dent in the amount of time they could take. How much longer will it be? I wish I could guess. It's not been too bad though, putting it out of my mind, with plenty of other things to concentrate on. Will they like Bliss Lake? I remain faithfully confident but, again, wish I could guess. To use a tired phrase: Only time will tell.

I haven't done any work on my WIP, Life After Death, in close to two weeks. I don't like that, and must make an effort to write something, anything. I'm in that phase where it's easier to think about it than it is to sit down and do it. Know what I mean?

I'm currently beta reading two manuscripts. I'm honored to have been asked, and love getting a first peek at fellow writers' works. And I appreciate that they take my writing seriously enough to think I can help with theirs. Thanks for this opportunity, friends. I promise to do my best.

And thanks again for all the birthday wishes yesterday! It was a great day, and I feel like I welcomed 30 with grace and happiness. Oh, and prunes. Yes. PRUNES. Here's my bouquet from the three friends who took me to lunch. Look closely.



PS. Don't forget to VOTE!

15 comments:

Joanne said...

I've always thought that it's good to be busy. You've got it down to an art form! Best wishes on your endeavors here, fingers crossed on the Avalon manuscript, and keep smiling!

Terri Tiffany said...

Thinking about your story is almost as good as writing it--you are doing some of the groundwork and that is good!
You have a lot going on and a wonderful full life!! YAY!! I will be praying you stay well to enjoy it all. Your house sounds fantastic!

Jewel Allen said...

I love the title "Bliss Lake".

And your house sounds like a dream!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a nice 30th birthday. And your house sounds like it is right on track. Sending good thoughts your way for all that is ahead of you. And before you know it, the time will pass and you will hear great news on "Bliss Lake". Love the title.

Wishing you the best in everything you do.
Ang

Janna Leadbetter said...

Joanne - Now if only I can balance it all! That's the toughest part, for certain.

Terri - I appreciate your saying so. That groundwork does have its place, so I need to be constructive with my brainstorming. Thanks!

Pink - Thank you! I know I'm partial to the title, so I like to hear that from others.

Ang - Such kind words from you today. Thank you so much, and best with all your endeavors, too. :)

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Janna, I'm so excited for your house. We spent two solid months working on our place when we first moved in and the joy when it's done is fantastic. I'm so happy for you it's almost done.

LOVE the prunes. :)

Jen said...

Hey, Janna, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. *hugs*

You've been working so hard on your house that I think you should cut yourself some slack on the writing. As Terri says, thinking about it is almost as good as writing it. Just think, when you're ready and able to sit down and write, the words will likey come very easily, or at least you'll have a very solid vision for it.

Love your prune bouquet, btw. That's cute!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine doing all that work while feeling yucky! Take care of yourself too! I am in the same boat with writing. I just cant get into that writing frame of mind right now. *Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way!*

Anonymous said...

Sending lots and lots of good, happy thoughts your way. What do the prunes represent? Hopefully is not that you're getting old and dried up. No, I know that's not it!

WendyCinNYC said...

But did you EAT the prunes?

Congrats on the house coming along!

Melissa Amateis said...

I know exactly what you mean - it's easier for me to think about writing than it is to actually write right now!

Travis Erwin said...

I found that prune plant quite disturbing, but then again I am a devote carnivore.

Rachel Burton said...

That bouquet is hysterical!

And yeah, I try not to think about who might be reading my manuscript and when they're getting around to it, otherwise I'll start obsessing to the point of not getting anything else done!

Angie Ledbetter said...

With so much going on with and for you, plus the yuckies trying to creep in, I hope you just get off the hamster wheel for a while and just be. Your writers mind will keep working, even if you're not aware of it. :)