Saturday, October 11, 2008

Misterwrites: An Introduction

Thank you all so much for humoring me with these prompts the last week. I've so enjoyed doing them - and love the amazing feedback! - but I don't want to tire you of them. So, though I'll get back to my list on Monday (if you've noticed, I don't typically post on Sundays, which are church and family days for us), I'm taking a break from the exercise today.

*

Don't you always, after meeting someone and getting to know them a bit, wonder about their spouse? What's that person look like? What's their personality? I know I'm always curious in such a way. That said, I thought I'd introduce you to my husband, aka misterwrites, in a way more extensive than mentioning him in passing.


This is Mike. He's the oldest of seven kids and is, quite possibly, one of the smartest people I know. He's a jack-of-all-trades; one who has soaked up knowledge in so many areas he's like a very human, very beefy, sponge (which explains his abnormally large head...). He's confident and at ease with any circumstance, with any person. He loves baked goods and back rubs, and can't fall asleep without the t.v. on. He ruins more pairs of jeans than any man I know, and he recently made himself sick on Red Lobster's all-you-can-eat shrimp - but is ready for more. He loves teaching our daughters about nature and the world, and likes canoeing the lake by himself. Mike's not one to enjoy my (frequent) ramblings, and isn't nearly as sensitive as I think he should be, what with a wife and two girls. He must always be active and productive, works hard, and dreams of living in the mountains of Colorado, where he could turn his avid hobby of skiing into a lifestyle. Jesus is his hero, and he consults his Father in everything. He frustrates me like no other, and is frustrated by me as with no other. I still misunderstand him sometimes, even after eleven years together, but I know him like no other. He's pretty cool, I have to admit, looks good with a goatee, and I'm pleased to introduce him as my husband.

How about you? Care to introduce your spouse? Or tell us, if you're single, who your ideal mate would be?

17 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

He's hunky! Love the girls' adoration pouring out on him. ;) Go, Dad.

Terri Tiffany said...

What an awesome tribute to a great sounding husband!! You are really blessed! I love that Jesus is his hero:)
And yup, my husband can't fall asleep without the tv on either!!
I'm keeping mine around--been thirty years and it is too hard to train a new one!

Janna Leadbetter said...

I think it's my favorite picture, Angie. :) Thanks!

*snicker* So true, Terri - it's been hard enough training him this first time around... ;) Great for you! 30 years is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

How nice to meet your husband. He sounds like a wonderful man and you are blessed to have a lovely family. Thanks for the introductions!

Anonymous said...

That really is a great pic. I love the "daddy & munchkins" pictures. It's fun to see their soft side. :)

Mr. Turkey and I started dating 13 years ago and we have been married for 11. He's my love and my best friend.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Janna, this is such a lovely tribute. And I love the picture too!

I feel like I've already told people a lot about Ibis. I don't know, is there something else you'd like to know? ;) We were friends for four years before dating, and now we've been together four and a half. He's with Mike on not wanting to hear the ramblings (boy do I hear you on that!) but he's a good guy. :)

Rachel Burton said...

That's a wonderful picture! And your husband sounds amazing.

Alex and I are celebrating our fifth anniversary today and I'm waiting impatiently for him to be out of class so I can tackle him and tell him how much I love him and how these have been the best five years of my life and how marrying him was the smartest thing I ever did...

Melody Platz said...

My guy hates getting his picture taken. This makes all my friends mad because he's always bug-eyed or sticks his tongue out for group pictures.

Other than that, he is cute, sweet and has taught me to use chopsticks.

Melody Platz
www.writerscomfycorner.com

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Aww, Rachel. Happy anniversary!

Joshua said...

thats a good man there.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Janna, well, he's adorable, your hubby! And a lucky lady you are!

My hubby, the absolute best, I know! Strong, quiet, but powerful, a police commander, he is a protector.. : D and maybe a bit too much of a protector, but after 20 years, you sorta adjust.

I'm reminded of one of Oprah's sayn': 'All relationships are built and sustained on gratefulness and forgiveness.'

Janna Leadbetter said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words about misterwrites. It sounds like we're all blessed in the husband department. (Except Josh, of course. ;)

And Happy Anniversary to Rachel!

Joanne said...

Thanks for introducing us to your husband! Great picture, what a lovely family you have, who sound like they all enjoy eachother!

colbymarshall said...

Aw, too cute! Nice to meet you, Mr. Writes!

Travis Erwin said...

He could pass as a twin for one of my really good buddies.

WendyCinNYC said...

Aww, he's cute!

My husband has said, very plainly, "Don't blog about me." So I won't--on my own blog anyway! Ha!

Vince and I have been married for very nearly 14 years. He's originally from Philly but we met and married in LA. He's a great guy. I'd post a picture but he might kill me!

Janna Leadbetter said...

LOL, Wendy, I don't want you getting in trouble! ;)