Friday, February 1, 2008

February: Here I Come!

I feel decent about what I accomplished in January. Though our family's sickliness kept me offline for much of two weeks, I was able to get quite a bit done. I checked into three freelance jobs, securing one. (Check out my articles at Type-A Mom.) Submitted 9 articles: 3 rejections, 3 published, and 3 I haven't heard on yet. I also brainstormed on my next column (due come spring) and saw the publication of installment #2. Woo hoo!

This week comes to a close just as a new month begins. I have a lot to look forward to in February with my writing (certainly not anything pertaining to Valentine's Day, my husband will likely ensure...) , and I'm excited to begin! I have some carryover goals from last month, but new ones I'm excited to pursue, as well. In the coming weeks I hope to:

*Submit proposal to another local paper about new column
*Submit entry for the Erma Bombeck writing competition (we have until the 17th!)
*Submit/query articles to mags as I'm able
*Publish several articles online with Type-A Mom
*Add to novel word count (this is my biggest individual goal for the month)
*Blog on both Something She Wrote and A Believer's Blog more regularly

Here's to a successful month for all of us!

1 comment:

Rebecca Laffar-Smith said...

I wish you the best with all your goals for February. Congratulations on your January successes! You're flying!